Friday, December 7, 2012

ON CARVINGS AND INSPIRATION













I believe the right question to ask,
respecting all ornament,
is simply this; was it done with enjoyment,
was the carver happy while he was about it?
- John Ruskin



I am always amazed how a person can create a carved masterpiece...
the time, the talent and the treasure just to complete one!
how the mind flows... and how the hand goes...
to depict God's creation!

And to add to that, is the question:
Was it done with enjoyment?

Hopefully, it was done with joy...
but some artists may be inspired by other emotions.

Not everyone would have the talent nor ability to create such art...
But I guess, there should also be people who could just simply appreciate this!

With present technology, arts created by Masters may just be copied...
no offense to that...
maybe a way for more people to see and appreciate them...



Richmonde Hotel Ortigas lobby

3 comments:

  1. Same here! I have great respect for talents especially those with inclination to arts. It requires not only dedication but a great love for your passion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to pattern some art inspiration from old books that I have. If only I have the talent for this kind of art, I would pursue carving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen woodcarvers do their stuff. Ang galing. They come up with incredibly beautiful pieces and you can see that their heart was poured on their masterpiece

    ReplyDelete