Saturday, September 1, 2012

AERIAL VIEWS OF ZAMBOANGA CITY: THEN AND NOW

I haven't had the chance of "flying" over Zamboanga city again, but when I saw the really beautiful aerial pictures of my friend, Sixto Kwan (Six2K), I asked him if I can use his photos in this blog!

I'd like to compare Zamboanga City, before (circa 2005) and after (circa 2012) but of course, the angulations would be different considering the different photographers and more so, different chopper pilots!!!

I actually want to share the changes in Zamboanga City topography rather than compare picture quality! 

Here goes:
Metropolitan Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception 
2005
2012
Can't really figure out if there are obvious new buildings in the Pueblo area. I am not expecting any big change, though, since this was a congested area in the first place. 
What I can say was that the Immaculate Conception Cathedral was much newer then...and of course, the new belfry, too, with the Carillon bells!
But, the rooftops across the MCIC look better in 2012!

Fort Pilar
2005
2012
So much has changed since Paseo Del Mar and Plaza Del Pilar did not yet exist around the Fort Pilar shrine then.
In Fort Pilar, the fountain and the Carillon bells are now seen. The plants are now taller and more green.
Across the Fort Pilar Shrine and across the National Museum, there are very many adobe-roofed stalls lining the area.

Paseo Del Mar
2005

2012
We didn't focus in the Paseo Del Mar area before because it was just a vacant lot. Paseo Del Mar now has a beautiful fountain as a main attraction and of course, all the food stalls and restaurants which has enlivened the place.  All kinds of people come over =  families, couples, friends, get togethers, meet ups and of course, where we bring our visitors and guests from other places.

Nuñez Extension
2005
2012

Nunez Extension was an almost empty street in 2005 with few establishments other than Ciudad Medical Zamboanga. 

Well, Zamboanga City has grown to be a more lively, slightly urban center. Changes are now more evident.

In my eyes, Zamboanga City is a beautiful place!

P.S. 
Thanks Six2K for the new pictures (with watermark).
The older pictures were taken by me in 2005

3 comments:

  1. How interesting that you should have comparative photos!!!... especially taken from the chopper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes ZC is a very beautiful place. I just hope that SM, Robinsons or Gaisano can do business in the city for more shopping spree. ZC only have sMALLs like Southway and Shoppers Center ba kel serka na Southway? By the way is Mindpro still alive?

    Anyway, no matter what I still love ZC because it is my birth city and my hometown. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your place is beautiful! I would love to go visit there someday!

    ReplyDelete